Pages

Friday 2 May 2014

Perfect Pots - Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24 Hour

Happy Friday everyone! Since it's the weekend I decided to show off 2 little eyeshadows I am loving. Anyone who knows me will know that I don't often wear eyeshadow! I'm all about the skin and brows, Oops! Recently I've been playing around with some different make-up looks.
Which brings me to my point ...


Maybelline Color Tatoo 24Hr -  £4.99
Left - 40 Permanent Taupe, Right - 05 Eternal Gold.

As you can see from the swatches I have chosen a neutral 'taupe' colour and a shimmery gold. When I saw them I couldn't resist. With the the gorgeous packaging, little glass pots, which remind me of my Chanel Illuson D'ombre shadow I had to have them. At only £4.99 a pop they don't break the bank.
I chose these shades as I knew I could wear the Taupe blended out alone or with the gold to add a warm shimmer. They have lived up to my expectations. They have a very strange gel/cream texture, however this means they glide on and are blended out without messy fall-out like powder shadow. They can be built up to beautiful deep shades or worn as a light sweep of colour to the lids.
I know many products claim to to be long lasting or '24 hour', this genius shadow does not lie. I found it did not budge all day, and at night I had to use my Clarins Instant eye make-up remover - which I use when I have heavy mascara on - or to be honest when I'm lazy and want my make-up off fast.
I applied the shadow with my fingers as it was easier to get the natural look I was aiming for though I am sure it will apply just as beautifully with a brush.
I feel this is a great alternative to the high-end eyeshadow pots which are currently everywhere, as I mentioned they aren't overly expensive and the results are great.
You never know this could be the start of me wearing eyeshadow every day!


Happy weekend! If you have a favouite eyeshadow duo let me know, I might try it!
Rosie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment