Pages

Wednesday 9 April 2014

"Don't let anyone with bad eyebrows tell you anything about life"

As a beauty therapist I spend a huge amount of time helping people to achieve beautiful eyebrows, girls and boys alike! I am very, very passionate about having groomed and natural eyebrows and am all for enhancing them to look their best. For me the eyebrows frame the face and I couldn't be without the brow products which allow me to do this.

Here are my top 5 ultimate brow products that are always in my collection:

Rimmel 'Professional Eyebrow Pencil' £2.99


I have so many positive things to say about this products! Firstly at just £2.99 it is at a low price-point which is appealing. For me the best thing about this is it's consistency, having tried a range of high-street brow pencils, this one has definitely come out on top. It is a hard pencil which means it does not melt onto the brows making them look thick and heavy. The colour pay-off is excellent and for me gives a very natural look if applied in light strokes. Definitely one to think about buying!

Benefit 'Browzings' Medium £24.50 
This product is entirely different to the run of the mill pencil. This little box, which I will add, lasts forever, contains a powder and a wax. I love the packaging, with a large mirror it is perfect to pop in the make-up bag to use on the go. It cleverly contains some tiny tweezers and two brushes to apply the product. I must admit when I first bought this product it was all I would use for a long time, as it is very effective. You begin by using the little angled brush to apply the wax through the brows giving them shape and texture, then following this the rounder brush to powder through the brows to set them. For me this is a fabulous all rounder - it can be used lightly for slight enhancement and definition, but equally to create serious, dramatic brows. Well worth the extra money, as its a real investment.

Mac Brow Set - Clear  £13


This brow gel from MAC has been an absolute godsend to me since I discovered it! It does what it says, it sets the brows in place to keep them neat. I find it particularly effective to soften up the brows after applying pencil to make them look more natural. This is ideal for use on 'no-make-up, make-up' days to keep the brows looking effortlessly groomed. At £13 it isn't drug-store pricing but for the time it lasts and the excellent results I think we can stretch to that.




Maybelline 'Brow Drama' £4.99 
This is another gel for the brows, but I must say this on is slightly different from the MAC product. I love this gel as it has brush which makes application slightly easier in my opinion. What I like about this is (apart from the low price) is the slight colour it adds to the brows, making it ideal for days when you have little time to spend filling in the gaps. I have only one slight complaint which is the consistency, it looks beautiful but if you wish to reapply this is where the problem occurs. It feels caked and I have found it to become flaky on second application. Other than this downside it is a good, honest brow gel.

MAC 'Eyebrow Pencil' Lingering £13.00







Last but not least, another MAC product, their eyebrow pencil is really an amazing 
addition to any make-up collection. It has similar attributes to the Rimmel pencil, in that 
is has a good solid consistency and great colour pay-off. For me what makes this product worth the 
extra pennies is the clever packaging. It is sleek and streamlined and requires no sharpening.
It simply needs twisted for more product, This allows the saga of sharpening, the pencil snapping, losing the sharpener and all sorts of pencil related fuss to be put to bed. Such a perfect little product.






These are my favourites, what are yours
Rosie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment