Pages

Saturday 26 April 2014

My two most loved foundations

As much as one of my favourite past-times is trying out new products, when it comes down to it we all have our fail-safe products we know will do the job whatever the weather. So I thought I'd spend my saturday morning telling you a little about my two go-to foundations which I can't be without.

I, like most of you like different products for different occasions, so I will start with my everyday foundation - 


Chanel Vitalumière Aqua - 20 Beige - £33



Where to begin with this! There is so much to say about this little 30ml bottle. To kick us off I couldn't be a bigger fan of Chanel packaging - It is always so simple and classy. I like the size of this bottle it is ideal to throw into any make-up bag. 
Now onto why this is my favourite every day foundation - I love the easy application of this base. The clever packaging has the tiniest nozzle, allowing you to take drops at a time, love products which stop wastage! I will say you do have to shake the bottle to bring the product to life but that's not an issue for me.
This goes on beautifully with either hands or with a big flat-top brush. For me I prefer using a brush. 

It has a gorgeous texture and is really very lightweight on the skin - very much like a second skin. It is of a medium coverage and I feel it is more to the matte than dewy. It has an SPF15 making it perfect for everyday use.
I just feel this is a lovely product to shove on everyday with little effort but gives you that look of 'your skin but better'. I like the delicate fragrance, it isn't too strong. For the high price point I would honestly say it is worth the money as very little product is needed per application. For me a good foundation is an investment and this is definitely one to put your money to.



Laura Mercier - Silk Crème Rose Ivory £34

Laura Mercier's Silk Crème foundation is my ideal foundation and has been for about 2 years now. It always makes a come back in my life no matter what foundation I buy and try. It's the perfect base. To begin with it is  a good size of product at 35ml, and again with this foundation only a tiny amount needs to be used so it lasts a while! For me the packaging isn't the prettiest considering the price but I suppose it's what's inside that matters. 
The consistency, once you've shaken the bottle is mousse like, and this is what I feel makes it so blendable. I buff it onto my skin using a small flat top stippling brush, this takes a little more time and effort but the results are flawless. This base is such a nice consistency doesn't dry, and isn't oily, so ideal for all skin types in my opinion. 
Only a small amount gives beautiful medium, almost full coverage, so great for going out.
The scent is neutral, which is good for those who dislike strongly perfumed products.
I use this foundation for special occasions and also on those days where I need a more polished look.
For me this product is 10/10. As I said, a good foundation is an investment, and this foundation is undoubtedly a must have for any make-up bag.


What are your two most loved foundations?
Rosie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment