Pages

Saturday 10 May 2014

Two summer suitcase essentials and Gimme Brows

Hello everyone! Just back from a 5 sunny days in Valencia and counting the days until my summer holiday. This inspired me to tell you about two beautiful products ideal for summer and a brow product which has me impressed!

I will begin with my favourite of the three, this a brand new product which only came out last week. This is Dior Skin Nude Tan - Golden Shimmer Powder. Three worlds - head over heels!





Dior skin nude tan - golden shimmer powder RRP £40


This is a limited edition product from Dior and it is incredible. It has the most beautiful finish. I have been using it as a highlighter, it looks stunning with a gentle sweep of bronzer.

At £40 it is definitely pricey, but I know it will last me a long time. To begin with the packaging, as you would expect, is lovely, the powder comes with a mini, kabuki brush, which I actually like. For me brushes which come with products are usually terrible but this one is great for applying to the cheekbones, bridge of the nose and a light dusting on the forehead. I could look at this all day, the gold iredescence is just too beautiful, it's has definitely got be excited for summer and being tanned.

I know this will be a brilliant all rounder, highlighter, use instead of bronzer, and I'm sure in a hurry it would be a lovely sweep of eyecolour! I will definitely be taking this on holiday, such a gem!

on to the next one...


For the past two summer holidays I've been on there's been one product I can't be without - this isn't going to sound too excting as it's an aftersun, I know what you're thinking... BORING. But read on if you love a summery tan which lasts.
Lancaster After sun - Tan Maximiser 125ml £25

This is the best thing ever for your summer holiday! It is a little pricy - it is £25 for 125ml, I have the larger 250ml bottle, which I can't find online just now. But I will say it is worth every penny.
I bought this first 2 years ago to see if it actually works, and I think the mositurising properties of this genuinely do maximise the results of tanning. There is nothing nicer that smothering yourself in aftersun to soothe the skin after a day in the sunshine, this feels beautiful, it isn't greasy and dries quickly, I love the scent, because it reminds me of holiday. 

I felt that using this for atleast 4 days after being in the sun, my tan was deeper than it would be without, I even found that my boyfriend would ditch using Nivea aftersun and steal this. It really helps to take any redness down and takes the away the nip we sometimes experience if the skin is slightly burnt. Hydrating the skin is the key to maintaining a tan, and this for me is the only aftersun fit for the job. It's a summer must have!

Last but not least...  GIMME BROW
Benefit - Gimme Brow RRP £17.50

If you read my older post about my favourite eyebrow products, well I'm happy to add another to this list. Yesterday I was having a browse around the make-up counters when I noticed a brow product I don't own! 
Gimme Brow is a clever product, it's similar to normal brow gels but with an added bonus - microfibres. This is perfect for people who have sparse, skinny brows but want brows like Cara De Levigne (we all want them!) 
I think at £17.50 this is a good price as these types of products last ages! I love the colour, I have it in medium/deep which suits my colouring perfectly. It applies beautifully with gentle strokes you can build it up to create the brows you love. I have quite full brows, so this is great to keep them tidy and in place.
If you are looking to try something new for your brows, this could be your new favourite! Keeping up the summer vibes, this is ideal for trips away, as the packaging is tiny and would fit in any handbag or make-up bag. If that's not a good enough excuse for some new make-up I don't know what is! 
I'm very impressed with this genius product, money well spent!



What are your ideal summer products, I would love to add to my collection!

Rosie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment