Pages

Tuesday 1 July 2014

Disappointing Purchases




Hello everyone, I know we all love to hear about fabulous products old and new, but for me it is equally interesting to read up on less fabulous products, mainly to stop me from buying them and being unhappy with them. So today I thought I would tell you about my thoughts on some of the things I maybe wouldn't rush to buy given the chance again.
I'll kick us off with a base...
Make Up Forever HD Foundation - N115 

I think everyone has a foundation in their collection which they have but know they don't and won't use. I bought the Make Up Forever HD Foundation after seeing it's popularity amongst youtubers and bloggers. It was the first product I purchased in Sephora in France while I was staying there. Boy was I gutted!
I think I expected a miracle foundation which would give me flawless perfection, but no, why would I have such luck?
I tried it on a number of occasions and felt it didn't give me the coverage I liked, especially at the time I purchased it, as my skin was pretty bad and broken out. I have shade N115 and felt I should have bought a slighly warmer shade. This wasn't meant to be, though once autumn/winter rolls around I'll give it another shot, though I doubt we'll ever be pals.

Laura Mercier Under Eye Corrector - Orange/Yellow £18.50
Next up is a product I'm very sad to say I'm not a fan of, I literally love Laura Mercier bases, her tinted moisturiser, silk creme foundation and mineral powder foundation are absoloutely incredible. A while back I fancied buying a more expensive under eye concealer to see if it would be more effective, being a LM fan, I picked up her Orange/Yellow Under Eye Corrector. What a mistake! 

I must admit this disappointment could be totally put down to laziness on my part. I have to admit I do enjoy products which work for themselves. With such a vibrant orange it really takes a bit of time to get it blended over with foundation and I feel the results aren't worth the time and effort. For now I'm sticking to my Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (review coming soon) it is theee best!


Bumble and Bumble Thickening Shampoo
After all of the hype about Bumble and Bumble haircare I purchased these little bottles of shampoo and conditioner in Sephora while visiting Paris. I thought these would be amazing and am now wishing I bought the Surf Shampoo instead! (I'll give that a go soon) I am pleased I only bought the little baby bottles as I haven't been impressed at all! I felt that my hair was more frizzy than full. My hair wasn't as smooth and clean feeling as I get with my staple L'Oreal shampoo and conditioner. The shampoo doesn't lather very well and the conditioner isn't very conditioning - poor show Bumble and Bumble!

MUA Eyebrow Pen Brunette
MUA Eyebrow Pencil - Brunette £1.00
Last up, I don't know what I expected at £1.00 to be honest, but as I've mentioned in previous blogs, their eyeshadow palettes are absolutely amazing for their price. This eyebrow pencil is very, very highly pigmented (not in a good way!) it is very reddish for a brunette shade and to top it off the texture is terrible, it pretty much melts into a very unflattering line on your brows - sooo attractive! For a wee pound I'll let you away with it MUA since your eyeshadows are so fab.




Do you like any of these products?
Rosie xox

2 comments:

  1. So glad I read this now. I was going to 100% buy the Makeup Forever foundation on holiday, as there's so much buzz around it online! I'll definitely look into it a little more now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I could help Jasmine, I would definitely give it some thought and even see if you could try a sample to give you an idea whether it's for you or not :)! Hope you find it to be more impressive than I did if you get it!

    Rosie xox

    ReplyDelete