Pages

Saturday 19 April 2014

Clarins, Bourjois and Dior - Oops!

This week has been a good week, sunshine in Scotland has been lovely and some new beauty buys always bring about a good mood in my book - here they are and a little of what I think about them.

First to start us off is a new skin care product, which it's safe to say, I LOVE.
 

Clarins Double Serum - Compete Age Control Concentrate £55
I know many of you will be reading this twice, thinking - anti aging? why? But really, as you get into your twenties it is very important to start with products which contain anti-aging ingredients. Look at it as - prevention is easier than a cure. 

So to begin - this product is pricey, at £55 - however think of it as an investment. For me the packaging is attractive, I like the gold detail and it is a good size at 30 ml.To be completely honest I love all Clarins skin care that I have tried and feel it really performs. Double Serum is a product which is 'inspired by plant science' as it contains around 20 anti-ageing plant extracts. It is ideal for all skin types and promises an array of fantastic results claiming to firm the skin, smooth wrinkles, help to even out skin tone and allows skin regain a healthy glow. One of the points it claims is minimising the appearance of pores, making it excellent before application of make-up.

I have been using this serum for just one week, and I can tell it will be repurchased when the time comes.
It has been beautiful to apply, it has Hydric, and Lypidic ingredients separated by two little chambers, I apply two pumps to the palm of my hands. Following this I mix and press onto my face rather than using a rubbing motion. This feels lovely on my skin not too heavy, but there to do it's job. 

The results have been fabulous, my make-up seems to go on very nicely and I would definitely say it gives my skin a lovely glow. I even feel that due to this serum, with summer coming I will be comfortable to swap my high coverage for a little BB cream and concealer. I definitely believe in this, another favourite from Clarins for me.



Bourjois Blush - 34 Golden Rose £7.99





I must admit, this was a slight impulse buy, I am more of a bronzer girl than blush. I have naturally rosy cheeks so I usually prefer a bronzed look instead. However this happened to catch my eye in Boots, I swatched the product and quickly made my mind up about it. It first of all struck me that it is pretty similar to Nars Deep Throat a hugely popular blush colour amongst beautybloggers and youtubers.

The name - golden rose could not be more accurate, this beautiful pink has a goldy shimmer to it which gives at a summery feel. At £7.99 a middle range price I had to give it a chance, and I must say a sweep of this over the cheeks is gorgeous. It has a sweet and girly scent, which some might dislike but I don't mind it. Another positive is the fact that it is Paraben free - meaning there are no nasty preservatives to upset the skin.  I love the packaging, it is a handy little case and even contains a tiny mirror for on-the-go. The little brush is cute but is not my cup of tea. It will be well used this summer.

Dior Glow Maximizer - Light boosting primer £28.50



I saved my favourite of the three until last. I love this I really, really do. I have never bought any make-up from Dior, but I must say this has intrigued me, have I been missing out all this time? You can probably expect some hauls from Dior in the coming weeks, oh dear! 

I was looking for a new highlighter as I am always on the hunt for something a bit different, the lady at the Dior counter showed me this little product, and I had to have it. 

At £28.50 it is definitely not cheap, however there are reasons why it is worth it's price-tag. I think products which can multi-task are always winners. This is described as a primer, it can be mixed with foundation -  giving a dewy and glowing look. However for more defined contouring it can be popped directy onto cheekbones and brow bones delivering naturally beautiful results. 

I love a liquid highlighter as I love how it looks over liquid foundation, so for me this is a god-send. It is lightweight a blends to a flawless finish. It is a gorgeous neutral/gold colour which works well with my skin tone. What I think is excellent, is the fact that it blends and doesn't stand out like a 'metallic line', many highlighters can be guilty of creating this effect. The packaging is simple and sophisticated, just the way I like it to be, lets face it we all love a make-up bag bursting with beautiful packaging. I am looking forward to using this during the summer mixed with a tinted moisturiser or a BB cream, not long until I can go for the 'little effort' summer make-up looks.


What products do you love during the summer?

Rosie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment