Pages

Saturday 31 May 2014

Flawless Skin Under a Tenner

Recently I have rekindled my love for a bargain foundation which is absolutely gorgeous! I used Bourjois healthy mix foundation religiously a couple of years ago, and I'm now confused with myself why I never repurchased it. I have had lots of clients recently asking me to recommend them good foundations at reasonable prices and I advised them on Bourjois Healthy Mix and also Rimmel Wake Me Up which I like lots too. All of this talk about healthy mix got me reminiscing and I purchased a new bottle a couple of weeks ago. BEST DECISION EVER.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation - £9.99 - 54 Beige
At £9.99 you could think it is too good to be true, but hear me out it definitely isn't! I love my Laura Mercier and Chanel foundations but I do like to mix it up a bit. I literally have not worn another foundation since I repurchased this treasure. It is so luminous and gorgeous and just perfect for summer time, as it leaves my skin fresh and glowing.

Bourjois Healthy Mix contains plant extracts to help hydrate and give radiance to the skin. With melon, apple and apricot, you can imagine it smells delicious though isn't overpowering. I must be honest and say that the packaging isn't my favourite, I will always be a sucker for pretty packaging, however I can deal with it as the contents definitely make up for it.

The foundation itself isn't too heavy, but gives amazing flawless coverage, I use only one pump and this is more than enough for glowing dewy skin. The coverage is medium and just right for me, I also find that this is similar looking on my skin to my Chanel Vita Lumiere foundation, so so alike,  ideal for flawless skin on a budget. The shade I have (54) is perfect and they stock 8 shades which gives a good range to find the perfect shade. I have a combination skin which can occasionally be quite dry and this doesn't cling to these areas, it blends out beautifully.

If you are looking to try a new foundation but don't fancy the crazy price-tag, this could be your new favourite, it's certainly one of mine!

Rosie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment