Pages

Sunday 22 June 2014

Pretty Eyes

Since I'm having a chilled Sunday night, I figured it would be the perfect time for a little post about my current favourite products for beautiful eyes, so here we go!


I think the first step in pretty eyes for me is simple - eyelash curlers.
MAC full lash curler £16 (they were less when I bought them)

 I cannot live without a good pair of eyelash curlers, and have literally used them for about a million years. They open up your eyes by lifting your lashes and make mascara look one hundred times better. I personally love them for no make-up days, they waken my eyes up a bit and with a lash tint I feel great with little or no make-up.
I use the MAC eyelash curler and I feel this has been a very trusty one - spend a little more and they're going to last longer.

The next thing on my list is something I only discovered for myself last year - eye primer
NYX HD Eyeshadow Base - £8.99

I can now understand why it is so popular and I definitely see the difference using one. The one I love is the NYX HD eyeshadow base, it is pretty fabulous to tell the truth. It is a nudey coloured cream and smoothes on in an instant, and it literally makes your eyeshadow pop. I find I need less product when applying eye colour as the colour appears truer and more vibrant. It also helps my shadows to stay on longer. It is impressive! I think £8.99 isn't bad considering a litte goes a very, very long way.

From eyeshadow base to eyeshadows - I am currently loving a cheap and cheerful number...
MUA - Undressed Eyeshadow Palette £4.00

There is so much to love about this but I'll narrow it down to 5 points :)
1) It has virtually the easiest colours to wear - anyone could pull these off - a beautiful selection of browns, golds, rosegolds, taupes and even a cheeky navy/blue shades. 
2) These apply like a dream, so highly pigmented but easy to work with, they blend very well.
3) I love that these are very long wearing due to their colour brilliance.
4) Such a bargain. No-one can argue with 12 super gorgeous colours for £4 - ludicrous.
5) I love that on the back there is a little 'Masterclass' for a gorgeous smoky eye - and it looks fab and anyone could make it look pro.

Last but not least Luscious Lashes -

Mascara makes it all work - There are 3 I use on a regular basis 

Le Volume de Chanel - £25.00
This is a cracker of a volumising mascara, as the name suggests. The brush is amazing, quite big but not so much that you'd have it allover your nose/cheeks/hair (we've all been there). I will say this is expensive but unlike some other high end mascaras, it does not dry up quickly. I love this for those nights I'm going out but don't fancy false eyelashes as it gives my lashes a bit of oomph:)

Next up ... 
Maybelline - The Falsies £7.99 
This is such an allrounder - This gives amazing volume also, the spoon brush is easy to apply and gets into all the tiny lashes in the corners. It doesn't give the dreaded spider/clumpy lashes look, and at £7.99 it is a great price for a top mascara.

Last but definitely not least ...
Chanel - Inmitable £25
This is one of my favourite everyday mascaras, this is for length and curl, the brush is more straight and slim making it a dream to apply in a morning rush. It dries very quickly and it would be impossible to get clumps. I love this, it looks great with one quick coat, but can build for a fuller lash look. It is rather expensive, though definitely worth it for it's fantastic results.

What are your favourite eye products?
Rosie xox



1 comment:

  1. I've got the same Chanel mascara and it's the best mascara I've ever used! Definitely worth the expensive cost! x
    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete