Pages

Wednesday 16 July 2014

Last minute holiday gems

Hello Lovelies! I'm in a pretty good mood for a rainy Wednesday, only four days until I can chill out for 2 weeks in Tunisian sunshine - cannot wait! It is going to be scorching, and I loveeee the sun. For me however it is important that I take care of my skin, no-one wants a tomato face and peeling nose - not attractive! 

I like to use at least SPF 30 on my face and I reapply it often, though I do go for a lower factor on my body as I take a bit of a tan. As you can imagine, there is a slight colour difference in the end - bronze body and milk bottle face - sexy, not so much. 

About 6 weeks ago, Elemis sent me out some sample sachets of their Total Glow Bronzing Moisturiser for face. You can guess what happened next - tried it, loved it, bought it. Yep, it needed to join my summer ensemble. So here are my thoughts...

This stuff is clever, it is a lovely light textured day time moisturiser and sits nicely under makeup, but as you get on with your day it magically and subtley tans your skin. It is bursting with amazing ingredients like the anti-oxidant, green tea, ginger water which helps give an even skin tone and rice bran oil to leave skin soft and smooth. 
This product doesn't contain some of the nasties which hide in other tans, it is free from parabens, mineral oils and artificial colours. The biggest positive of this is - no disgusting fake tan smell - it smells lovely and natural.
I love that this doesn't look like you've fake-tanned your face it just looks like you've had a sunny holiday, perfect. I would totally recommend this it is going to take the fuss out of my holiday routine, I don't think I'll need much make-up after a few days of this beauty.

Next up, a wee treat I saw online and had to pick up ...
Laura Mercier - Bonne Mine - Bronze - £26

You can probably tell from all of my recent posts - I am bronze obsessed this summer. I really liked the look of this little face stick and since it's from Laura Mercier, I know it can be trusted. The few times I have used it, I've found it to be fabulous on, the colour is gorgeous. 
It has to be one of the easiest ways to bronze/ contour, just draw some lines (in the right places) and buff it in, can't go wrong. I will be trying this out at night on holiday and once I've made my mind up I'm sure I'll share my thoughts with you all.

What are your summer make-up obsessions?
Rosie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment